Thursday, September 16, 2010

Breaking My Own Rules...

If you've known me long enough, you come to find that I'm not big on whining. This is a pretty recent development...recent being in the last 7 years. I guess it's because there are certain people being under 4 1/2 feet tall that are constantly whining about something.

Someone got more mac and cheese than the other, by what I'm sure was just an elbow or two. Or someone got a bigger bowl of applesauce...didn't know I needed to weigh it in ounces now.

Someone won't leave someone alone while they're in the bathroom. How would you know? Wasn't the door closed?

Someone got someone's doll and decided to hide it for an overextended period of time, forgot where they hid it...oh more tears are coming...

On and on it goes. And add a 3rd, very active child to the list, and she gets blamed for EVERYTHING-including the mac and cheese. Poor baby girl.

And yes, I've seen the signs at craft fairs that say "No WHINING" and have been tempted to buy one, but alas, those that needed to read it couldn't read yet. Thankfully we've had a reader develop in the last year, but he'd probably mistake WHINING for WINNING and then become even more confused. "Why can't we win? I like to win!" I can hear him now...

Well, today I'm whining. I mean, it's my turn right? Maybe not, but I'm going to do it. So if you, like me on most days, aren't hip on the whining, pardon me while I take my turn. Regular posting will return soon...

I want my pilot hubby to come home. I got completely spoiled the month he was with us in August. I miss his 2 hands that help corral the aforementioned whiny kids. Not to mention he likes to cook and he's really good at it. I'm in a recipe rut...again.

I have a cold. It's the second week of school and I already feel like a Mack truck has hit my head. Ugh. And I can't go to bed any earlier than I do now because then the 3 amigos would have to fend for themselves and I'm pretty sure that won't work. There would be lots of fighting over the mac and applesauce for sure.

And who has the Laundry Fairy at their house? It's time to share her and let her come to the Brewer Casa for a day or 2. I have a Princess Party on Saturday and need a place for her guests of honor to sit. I'm not sure they want to match socks before they find the couch. Although I could give away a prize for the most matched socks...hmmm...may rethink that :)

Alright I'm done.

If you'd like to sit me in time out because of my bad attitude, I'd gladly do so. Even if I just sit a minute for every year I've been around...that's a good amount of "alone" time!

Oh and I know we're not supposed to take things to the timeout corner, but can we make an exception and let me bring my pillow and a box of tissue??

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand your hate for whinning! I probably say "stop whinning" at least 20 times a day and he is in school for 6 hrs of the day! :) I am sorry you are sick! I will be praying for you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it's been a tough week. I'll send your brother and nephews to your house to help you.

    The kids will eat the mac and cheese and applesauce before anyone has a chance to fight over it. Plus most everything else in your pantry. They will tear your house to shreds so that missing doll will be located in no time. They won't bother anyone while they are on the potty because I don't think either of them knows what a potty is. Although, this is somewhat unfortunate since the size 6 diapers are getting to tight!!!

    Yep...they will be there on Saturday to help. Fear not relief is on the way!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha on the game of matching socks. I totally think you should have done that!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...