Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lawnmower Workout

-Insure that sleeping beauties are tucked away safe and sound. D is riding his bike preparing himself for his mother's antics.

Get the gear on:
-Shorts and tank top (You must take every advantage of being out in the sun, but this outfit upsets the hubs when he's home. He is concerned for my safety due to flying debris in the yard. Good thing he's not home today. I worry about a farmer's tan line!),
-Sunglasses for eye protection,
-iPod for ear protection and to avoid mind numbing boredom.

For squats and arm workout: Go around the yard picking up sticks, spoons from work in the dirt pile, plastic cars, airplanes and small tires from what I'm sure was an unfortunate incident with a small truck or two.

Arm workout: With all your might, yank the pull to start the lawnmower.

Coordination: Dodge sticks you missed and large rocks in order to avoid leg injury. Misstep lands you off the curb momentarily. That's the last time you do that for the day.

Score big with this find in the front yard! Seriously in my FRONT YARD! No scratches, dings, nothing! Somebody is missing this!!



Mental excersise: Wave at Mr. West from down the street and think, "His boys are big enough to mow their yard. How much longer before D can do ours???" Remind myself to ask those boys to mow my yard in August...

Cardio: Go up and down, back and forth many, many times. Run over an old flyer...shred it to a million pieces. Ooops. Confetti for the yard! Wonder why my son is following behind me on his bike?? He smiles and waves.

Finally finish mowing. Sweat is pouring off of me. Start sweeping to finish up good song. Wonder how much sweat can come from one person?

Talk to 6 year old neighbor about my big find. She's been known to have her own sense of fashion, thus you never know what she'll show up in. Today she's showing off another loose tooth. She denies the cross as hers...I quickly get back in the house with it before she changes her mind. No need to talk to the other neighbor. She's a "seasoned citizen" and this doesn't really seem like something she'd wear. I decide to keep it in my care and around my neck on occassion until the rightful owner shows up...if they ever do??

Quickly change my mind about doing the AbRipperX. I'm beyond gross and notice the dirt line from where my sock was.

Hear my son say, "Mom, you should really cool off. It's hot out there!" He's right. I wonder if I can squeeze a nap in before the girls wake up? Nah. Not a chance!

4 comments:

  1. I feel like I've had a workout just reading this! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad u found my necklace!!!!!! U can bring it on over to the West house!!! Lol!! The boys would be happy to take on the mowing workout for you in August!! I'll tell them to watch out for "treasures"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would hate to rob my neighbors of the satisfaction of watching me sweat while mowing down the 17 weeds they have undoubtedly counted and watched grow from teeny tiny to about 12 inches. So, I will refrain from asking you to come and show off your workout in my front yard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been known to mow the lawn myself, when I need a little sun or am that desperate to get away from the kids. And I always count it on my work-out scorecard, though I never bend down to pick up anything, I go over or around. It usually looks like a hatchet job when I do it.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...