Friday, May 31, 2019

Back At It

And just like that, life has returned to "normal" and wouldn't you know that it's almost been two months since my last post. Currently the dough is rising so at least some time to update this space. The hours and days are moving fast. When I look at the calendar, I can't believe that tomorrow is the first of June. How is it already half way through 2019? (And yes, I realize I sound old saying that, but....it's true!)

Jason's knee is healing really well. He's been working on his physical therapy and two months post surgery, he was cleared to fly again! Such an answer to prayer...I'm floored at how well he's doing. God has answered so many prayers.

I started a new job at the middle school/high school as the Registrar. Because the current Registrar leaves after June graduation, I, and the newly form team will need to spend as much time with her as humanely possible in the next few weeks. She might be glad she's leaving after having so much "quality time" with us!

Fourth term at the school means the calendar is full. We've had class activities, dinners, gatherings...it's been busy as we anticipate friends furloughs and some friends leaving this chapter of their lives to move on to the next. The goodbyes never get easier as we really don't know when we'll see our "framily" again.

The older kids had Sports Day last week which is like a US equivalent of "track and field". D has developed quite the arm and love for the throwing events. He placed 2nd in javelin and shot put and 4th in discus for his division.

It was Mo's first Sports Day and she won first place in the race walk in what could be described as a photo finish:
I've never been more enamoured with fast paced walking in my life!

She also won first in a relay race and placed third in a three legged race.

We had a great day, but I was thankful that the schedule for Saturday was pretty low key...we needed a break.

This week the youngest has been pretty sick. Fever, aches, pains, a lingering cough that won't go away. She's had plenty of downtime and rest which I think is annoying her! She's ready to be back at school instead of occupying sofa space.

Welllll...the dough timer went off so I'm off to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow...happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...