Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Road Trip Warriors

I LOVE road trips.

Ironic coming from a pilot's wife I know, but with tight funds and a busy time of year to fly, it's the only way to get anywhere in a somewhat timely fashion.

Our most recent adventure did not disappoint. We came, we saw and well, some of us conquered the mountains. I am not one of those people. I know this comes as a shocking revelation to most of you, but I do not excel at skiing. Falling down the mountain? I'm all over it, literally!! Thankfully, there were other things to do on our trip...here's a brief synopsis...

Everything was going really well till we got to Gunnison, CO and stopped at Subway for a bathroom/lunch break. LOOONNNGGG story short: The door handle to the ladies bathroom didn't work. So the kind lady behind me offered to hold the door just enough to give me privacy but not lock me inside. This was fine until she let go of the handle and I was stuck for a few minutes in the Subway bathroom. Thankfully, my friend thought I had been in a little too long and came to check on me. She then informed my hubs that I was trapped. All he wanted to know is what I wanted for lunch!

The pic is AFTER I got locked in. Guess one hostage was enough to put a sign on the door.We're still wondering if a flat bread sandwich, no veggies, could fit underneath the door.

A sign in our condo. Wish I could find a replica for my house:

Men of the mountain

In case you aren't sure how to flush, the kind people in the town of Crested Butte have laid it out quite well with a graphic in your stall. Thankfully, I had my camera with me so I wouldn't forget.

(This was after I almost got run over by a sidewalk snow plow. I'm not kidding. It was a dangerous trip for me!)

Just a pretty snow scene to share...

Long horned sheep that my friend and I mistakenly thought were ELK! Obviously, a subscription to National Geographic is in order. We made the guys turn the van around so we could take a pic :)

US!

Beautiful Butte!


Our transportation one evening. A sleigh ride, in the snow, to a 4 course dinner on a ranch. A total splurge, but SO much fun!

Looks are deceiving...

Love the lights, the snow...all of it!

J singing an entire Lionel Richie album on the way home with Bruce (in the back seat). I don't think their album will do as well as Lionel's original. Sorry guys.

Another view...


We had such a great week, I but missed my kids. And secretly, I think they missed us too :)

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard!!!! We had a great time....but tell me.....why is there not 1 picture of us together???? So thankful for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...