Monday, April 28, 2014

His Office

Confession: Until about a month ago, I had never stepped foot in my husband’s office.

The problem is that his office is a little inaccessible to me as it’s got a prop, two wings and seats ten. Not to mention the fact that’s his office is usually thousands of feet up in the air while my two feet are firmly planted on the ground below.

Jason’s clients include hundreds of kilos of coffee, government officials, teachers, families, Bible translators, the sick and injured and most recently pigs. (Yes. To answer the age old question...pigs really do fly...at least in PNG.) His office condenses days of walking into minutes by air.

Last month when we were going to Madang, the only way to get there was, of course, by plane. Road conditions have been less than desirable due to rainy season, not to mention it takes a good 6-8 hours to drive from here to the coast. A flight? Only 28 minutes.

Our friend and fellow pilot would be our pilot for the trip, so I took it upon myself to call shot gun the day before to increase my chances to sit up front. Thankfully, the other non-family passengers were okay with this!


I think D & I were tied at excitement level for that day!

What a gift to see this country from another angle. I’m in awe of the varied terrain and depth of the jungles around us. With mountains and hills everywhere, grass airstrips on top of mountains, weather patterns that change frequently...it’s no wonder why it can be stressful to fly here. There’s so much to consider and plan for, not to mention also flying the plane!

I had every intention of sharing the two minute video I took, but sadly it was going to take over an hour to upload. (We won’t even talk about how much that would cost.) 

So instead...a few pictures from the day my head really was in the clouds!

Lining up to take off...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...