Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dairy Festival

Living in a small town has its advantages. It's only taken me 6 years to really dig them though. I know, way to finally get in the game! But, I love the big city...the shopping...places to eat...sometimes I truly like the fast pace of it all. But here, it's different and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
This past weekend was the annual "Dairy Festival".
Festivities started Friday night with a balloon glow





followed by the 5K Saturday morning, a Dairy Festival parade complete with a DAIRY QUEEN!!! Still makes me laugh :)

The highlight Saturday afternoon was an ice cream freeze off where you can taste dozens of different homemade ice creams until they run out! Honeydew interest you? Feeling peachy? What about coffee flavored (yum!)? Plain vanilla? Chocolate and pralines? Or my favorite-key lime pie!
Mo had 3 bowls (little bowls mind you!) of Reeses Peanut Butter cup! Not to mention a bowl of chocolate AND a bowl of peanut butter...followed by a tummy ache! This girl LOVES herself some ice cream and I don't blame her!

Waiting with Nana for some ice cream!



2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to come get Morgan and take her on an ice cream date!! I think she would be the only one who eats as much as me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I totally understand. SS took some time to grow on me too. When I was in the Philippines (and in cities there too) I was from Ft. Worth and so I like me some city things... shopping, restaurants, life going on even after the sun has set. haha. But there is something to be said about a slower pace too. We miss the Fall festival... the Dairy Queen thing cracked me up too. When Danny & I started dating and he brought me home to meet the fam... well, I about died at how small everything was... then he said, "SS is the big city to me... I live in Dike." (wow... he was really asking for it!) LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...