Thursday, November 29, 2012

Super Hero Powers

If you had a super hero power, what would it be?

X-Ray Vision?

Mind reading?

Six more hands?

We have 49 days until we leave on a big jet plane. The "to do" list that accompanies that number combined with "life" may have sent me into a small breakdown in the middle of the kitchen last night.

Okay...a small meltdown turned into the ugly cry.

In reality, it's not the "list" or "life" that caused the breakdown as it is the ever present realization that I can't do any of this on my own. Any "control" I thought I had of life is slipping away...and fast.

I want to snap my fingers, have the mountain of paperwork completed, emailed and checked off the list.

I want to make sure I don't forget everything involved with making this a great Christmas season or as we pack our family of five in the coming weeks.

I want to make my time count with the people I love here. (This means no ugly crying at every gathering!)

Oh...don't forget about the laundry, dishes, raising three kids who need help transitioning into this next stage of life AND being the "have it all together" wife.

And knowing this is NOT present day life in the Brewer cabin has made me feel a bit inadequate to say the least.

Heavy into my ugly cry last night, hubs says, "Isn't this right where He wants you to be? Needing Him completely and totally? He knows you can't do this...then there would be no need for Him."

Oh the lies we buy into when we let the enemy creep in...we can do it all...we don't need His help or anyone else.

Truth is, no super power would be enough to get the work done that's on the horizon. Only in Him and Him alone will we be able to accomplish anything.

So no matter what you're dealing with today...a trying day on the job... or staying home with cranky kids, crying babies and a mountain of laundry staring at you...or maybe you're dealing with something so personal that only He knows...remember...you are not alone. He is there waiting to help lift the load and get you through if you'll let Him.

The best part...no cape required. He just wants your heart ready and willing to accept His help.

"Don't be afraid for I am with you. 
Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you. 
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."
 Isaiah 41:10 NLT

4 comments:

  1. Amen! Great post, and glad I'm not alone on those "ugly cries!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lean on the Lord. But a few Oreos might help too. Just sayin'. Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaime,
    I found you on Missionary Mom's blog. We are from New Zealand and are in the early stages of a possible 'posting/calling' to PNG. It's all happened very quickly, however I think the process slows down at this point. So much to think about, and to add home-schooling to the mix is all very interesting. Great to read how life a few months down the track from where we are is looking. A great reminder that we still need to be doing life here, what craziness that it is this time of year.
    Thanks for your transparency. Appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ingrid! So glad you came to my little space on the web and thanks for your comment! Please be encouraged and don't get worried about all the many details that lie ahead. I know it's overwhelming when you look at EVERYTHING and wondering "how is this ALL supposed to happen?!". He will lead and guide one day at a time! Looking forward to reading your blog and seeing His plan unfold for your family's life...maybe we'll meet in PNG one day?!?!?! :) Blessings ~jaime

      Delete

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...