Monday, August 23, 2010

One Down, One to Go



It's kind of hard to believe that we've been here for a week now. It's even harder to keep wrapping our minds around why we're here and what it could mean. I keep "going there" only to stop myself short. We still have a long road ahead of us.

Last week was a pretty intense week for J in the maintenance. He was challenged in some areas and did pretty well in others. I don't believe there was a day that went by that we didn't see a specific answer to prayer. Now that's cool!

Before we left several of you asked for specific things to pray for. I mentioned that we really need great weather this upcoming week. I even went so far as to pray, "Look, let it rain all you want the maintenance week, but seriously we need some sunshine for Flight Week." Well, lo and behold, it rained off and on ALL week long. If you look at the forecast for this upcoming week: sunny and hot! Praise God! I'll sweat it out if it means J can get through all his flights!!

In other news...things are going well with with the rest of us. We've explored several different surrounding towns in search of anything and nothing at all, all at the same time! :) The kids are doing pretty well being in the apartment although there's some nights we just have to get out and run around like crazy people to wear them out! Mal has decided to start crawling like crazy so the kids have been highly entertained at what she can get into now. I have a feeling more trouble is about to be stirred up!

I can't say it enough: THANK YOU to all of you who are praying for us. Your prayers are not going unnoticed and we have felt them all week. As far as this week, obviously, the weather and just that J can absorb the information that he's taking in. He's learning all about a plane he's never flown before in a very short amount of time. I know he can do it, as he's done this type of thing before, but every plane is different. (I don't know this, but have been told by a reliable source :) And this last week has reaffirmed to me that I'm glad I'm not a pilot/mechanic-just in case that was in question!

J studying with the girls, although I'm not sure how much he actually got done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...