Monday, August 23, 2010

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda



I knew this would happen.

Even in the midst of my extensive list making, and like Santa, checking my list twice (and three, and four times!) I knew I was going to forget something on this trip.

I justified myself in the fact that I could get to a Target and replenish anything that I *might* have forgotten.

Only problem: Target doesn't sell contacts.

Last Monday J and I were in the middle of deep conversation when my right contact dislodges itself from my eyeball and starts floating around somewhere in the deep, dark, depths of my eye. I dashed to the bathroom where I began the process of clawing my eyeball out in order to get my contact back. Somewhere along the way, it came out never to be seen again.

Why didn't I pack another pair? Well, things like that NEVER happen with my contacts. Hence the reason I continue to wear them. But wouldn't you know that it would happen 1,019 miles away from my replacements. I mean, I remember to pack my coupons, but an extra set of contacts? Of course not.

Now, here I am, now rockin' the intellectual look with my sunglasses sadly sitting on the sidelines. And trust me, they're sad. I've been trying to rack my brain as to what I can do to get ONE contact, but nothing reasonable comes to mind.

I'm also wondering why you can go buy a pair of reading glasses off the rack, but you need a prescription for contacts? I mean, how dangerous are a pair of contacts that you need your doc's signature to even order a pair? Why can't I just go in to an office and say, "Hey-I'm all the way from Texas and left my contacts. Dumb move, yes, but can I just buy one?"

Probably because I don't even know what my prescription is.

And that might be a problem....

1 comment:

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...