Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3 of 25

Today, as I waited in the doctors office for 3 hours for my 4 year old's "well check", I was reminded how grateful I am for good health. I could have been waiting with a very sick child as many of the other parents did today.

As I grew impatient, the Lord reminded me that so many people we know are facing health problems right now--situations that look helpless from the outside.

-The mom/wife/friend with continuing heart issues.

-The wife/mom/grandmother who's unexplained health problems continue baffling doctors a dozen years later.

-The grandfather who's been dealing with unexplained pain and compounding health issues for over 5 years, with no end in sight.

-The husband/father/friend who, at this very moment, is having major, life altering, surgery for the second time this year.

Although each of these individuals face their own unique set of problems, they have one common denominator: their faith in the Lord. They each know that He is in control. They find comfort that He has a perfect plan and will for their lives--regardless if healing is on this earth or not.

I am reminded through these examples that He will never leave us or forsake us, even in the midst of the unknown.

Through it all, He is GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...