Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Empty Manger

A family tradition at our house is putting baby Jesus in the manger the night of Christmas Eve. Our nativity is one that was passed down to us from Jason's parents and the unique thing is that Jesus isn't glued in the manger, He comes out. So one thing we do every year is put baby Jesus in our countdown calendar and wait for "the big night".

I like passing our nativity, usually set out in a prominent spot in the house. The empty manger reminds me of several things. One, the fact that if our Savior hadn't been born that night, we'd have no hope, no promise, no eternity in Heaven to look forward to. It also reminds me that this baby grew and He eventually died on the cross for my sins and the sins of this world...the manger is empty again!

I hope today you were able to remember and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without Him we couldn't have CHRISTmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...