Friday, June 25, 2010

V*B*S

Last year was my first year to kind of help coordinate the VBS at our church. I was *amazed* at how the Lord totally exceeded my expectations and prayers for the week. I totally should have blogged about all He did that week, but I really wasn't blogging much back then. Need I remind you, that last year at this time I was pregnant and trying to keep it a secret??! So pregnancy brain had already kicked in and I wasn't thinking.

I remember several *BIG* things that happened last year, but what I remember most is how the Lord showed me each and every day how He was in control and how He provided.

This year proved to be no different.

Monday morning the city had a water main break down the street. Really?! Seriously! Did they not get the memo that it was VBS week?! Thankfully, the Lord heard my rapid prayers (and I'm sure those of Jeremy our custodial king!) and the water was on within in an hour or so. And thankfully no toilets were clogged because of it...those girls were getting a little out of hand with the TP...

We had a great group of kids and many of them, not from our church. It was good to see some unfamiliar faces among the regulars!

We raised several hundred dollars for a missionary couple in Peru with our penny drive. Now this I DO remember blogging about because I got the pie in the face last year! And in an unfair turn of events, I got part of the pie this year too! (sorry no pics this year...although I'm sure they are floating around somewhere only to turn up when I'm least expecting it!)

But the point of the penny drive is to help these missionaries out so I'll gladly be sticky if it helps the cause! Can you imagine their excitement when they get this check in the mail unexpectedly? The thought give me goose bumps.

I was also reminded of how wonderful our church family is. We have an awesome group of people who are willing to carve out time during their summer to hang out with these kids, bake cookies or whatever needed to be done to help out with this week. They could have been other places or doing other things, but they chose to invest their time and effort helping. I am reminded that we are each part of the body of Christ and we all have a part to play in the bigger picture.

And the bigger picture this week?? 3 girls were saved!! Such a great sight to see them know that it *clicks* and that they understand what it's all about. It is worth every hour of planning and prep to know that these 3 girls will spend eternity with our Lord and Savior.

What a great week seeing our BIG God do some BIG things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...