Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A New Favorite

For any current or past residents of the East, excuse me for this brief little party I'm about to have in this post.

Yesterday, I was inducted to the Harris Teeter grocery shopping experience.

Don't worry, we haven't gone 4 days without groceries. On Sunday we loaded up and found the nearest Wal-Wart, albeit about 30 minutes away, but I needed a few more things that unfortunately, Wal-Mart couldn't provide. (My Nannie will be sad to hear about that!) So the kids and I loaded up and headed into the quaint little town of Waxhaw where I had heard that there was a Food Lion and Harris Teeter.

What I had heard of Harris Teeter was that they have free cookies and balloons for the kids and depending on the week, great coupon deals for those that are coupon savvy. Sadly, it doesn't take much to get me excited.

After getting our free cookies and the weekly ad, I couldn't believe what they had in this store! I was expecting a Brookshire's type store. For me, the only comparison would be a scaled down Central Market. And I love me some Central Market. Thankfully for our budget, the closest one is 2 hours away so there's no chance of me shopping there regularly, but now sweet Teeter is just minutes away.

Sushi for dinner? No problem with the sushi bar. How about an olive salad from the Olive bar? Salad bar by the pound? Yes please! And let's not talk about the varieties of cereal, jelly, hot sauce, mayo (I seriously stood there for a good 5 minutes trying to figure out which brand, FLAVOR and size of mayo to buy!)

Needless to say, I refrained from buying much more than I really wanted to. We've got more than we probably need right now. But I think I AM going to have to go back before we leave...I didn't even make it to the bakery...

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you are in for a treat! I happen to live a mere 20 minutes away from the premiere Harris Teeter in existence. Two-stories. More bars than mid-town Manhattan. Foods you've never heard of and choices beyond compare. It's not a grocery store, it's an experience!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...