Wednesday, November 24, 2010

22 of 25 Days

If you had asked me 2 years ago whether or not I'd be teaching preschool some day, I would have laughed. Actually, I think I did when the question of whether or not I'd teach came up!

Little did I know what a blessing it would be to see 10 little faces every Tuesday and Thursday! (Yes, all 10 show up e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y!) This year I'm also doing "Fun Fridays with Mrs. Jaime" in kindergarten, so there are 15 more faces on Friday!( It's hard to have such high expectations for fun but we do what we can!)

No, not every day is great. There are rough days where attitude, tears and home issues overshadow what color we're learning or number we're singing about. Those times take priority for me because I don't see it just as teaching but also a ministry. Many of the kids that go through our school don't go to church and know little, if anything, about Jesus. They aren't always taught how to behave, act in certain situations and sometimes saying "please" takes 5 minutes to get out! But we're learning something new everyday and sometimes I'm learning more than them. Funny how that works...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...