Wednesday, November 24, 2010

23 of 25 Days

Today is my parents 36th anniversary! And although I haven't been around for all of it (okay the first 3 or 4 years!), I've been there for most of it, as a kid, now an adult, watching, observing. One of the many things that I saw was and still see is their commitment to not only each other but to the Lord. Through any and all of the curves "life" threw at them, they stood as a unified front.

And we prayed. We prayed through it all...every job change, every move, making sure my brother and I had friends at new schools, finding a church, deciding whether or not to go to college...we gathered at the table and prayed.

They were also praying behind the scenes. Now being a parent myself, I know there's alot more prayer going on when you're trying to raise kids to follow the Lord. Looking back on certain situations, I see that the Lord answered their prayers. I can only imagine what it was like praying us through those times we struggled. Even now, I know they are praying for my brother and I as we raise our own families. I'm sure they're just praying that the grandkids can survive their parents! :)

Thanks mom and dad for loving me and praying me through life. I'm sure it wasn't a piece of cake and yes, dad did turn gray and lose his hair because of me, but I'm grateful you stuck with it. Happy Anniversary...and many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...