Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 10 of 25

The other night I was frantically getting my house in order before some guests arrived and was reminded how glad I was to have a place called home. We don't have a huge house and yes, it's outdated, has foundation problems and bad windows, but it keeps us warm and dry.

Just a short 3 years ago, I wasn't sure if we would be able to continue living here. J had taken a drastic pay cut and we were just so sure there was no way we were going to be able to afford a house payment. I sold just about everything in it so we would not only have some extra cash, but be ready to move when the house sold.

Little did we know at the time that the Lord was going to keep us right here despite what we thought we could do on our own. We somehow forgot that in the grand scheme of it all, God is even bigger than a house payment. He again showed us during that time that He's in control, which includes mortgages, and He's got a bigger plan than we even know about.

Later tonight as I tuck myself into bed, I'll be thankful for this roof over my head and thankful for a bigger plan above my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...