Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 9 of 25

Ah the age of technology...specifically the internet. I love the fact that today I've checked email, "googled" a recipe, caught up with friends on Facebook who live all over the world, shopped online and now, updated a "blog" of all things!

As a kid, I never spent much time on the computer. Even in high school I just typed papers but never played games, downloaded music or "surfed" the web. And now the fact that my 2 oldest can get the mouse on an icon and actually know what all that terminology means is crazy. They will never have a need for a record or cassette tape because they will get it digitally. And they'd really prefer to "chat" with their dad on Skype when he's at work if they had their choice.

While everything "out there" on the net isn't positive, I'll stick with the basics of what I know and I'll be happy that a "hey-how-ya-doing?" is just a click away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...