Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 11 of 25

Vanity item.

The price of beauty.

Part of the daily routine.

Your "stranded-on-a-dessert-island-must-have".

We've all got something that we use every day that makes us feel a little better about ourselves. Even if you don't wear make up, surely you brush your teeth?!

Mine? My Chi.

For the uneducated, it's a flat iron that straightens your hair.

I have thick hair. I'm told I was bald until 2 and then the hair follicles opened up and this mass of hair has always been with me. It's been super short and super long. Right now, it's at a good in between stage that most of my friends haven't seen in a really long time.

But in reality, it is a mess. Once I've washed and dried it, I look like I've had my finger in a light socket too long. My kids realize when I haven't straightened it!

Even though I don't think I'm that high maintenance, I gotta have my Chi. If I don't have time, straightening my hair wins over make-up hands down. I'd rather (and have!!) let you see the bags under my eyes than the poof on top of my head!

What am I going to do when we move to some far off land you ask? I don't know, but I'll have you know that my hair stylist, Chrissy, is already working with me on a plan to tame this mane of mine. You know you have a great hair stylist when she says, "What are you going to do with your hair if you move to Africa?!?" We haven't come up with a solution yet, but I'm thinking a converter is in my future because shaving it off really isn't an option.

2 comments:

  1. ok... maybe we do have lots more in common. i felt like i could've written this blog post. i too was apparently bald will my 2nd birthday or so.... and then BAM, the thickest hair any hairstylist has ever seen (or so they all tell me when they meet me for the first time). haha. i have to get my hair THINNED. I feel so much lighter afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I knew we were alike-but the whole thing about choosing flat iron over makeup-that is soooo me too, hands down-makeup has no chance!!

    Although I wasn't blessed with thick hair, it thankfully grows pretty fast!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...