Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Problem with my Pilot...

The problem I have with my pilot is not the fact that he flies 70-75 people all over the country, several times a day, several times each week.

I'm not worried about terrorist attacks or shoe bombs.

Landing safely into rivers or roads in emergency situations if need be? I feel confident that he could handle that, really, I do!

My problem? The 100 mile one-way commute...in the sleet, the ice and the snow.

Today is such a day.

Flights are still on for this afternoon and J left 4 hours early to make sure he gives himself enough time to get to the airport. He just called in the next city (Greenville) that usually takes 30 minutes to get there. Today it's taken him an hour and he has narrowly missed 2 major wrecks with semi trucks.

I know the Lord has His hand of protection on him and I know that J wouldn't sacrifice his own life just to get to work and would turn around if he needed to.

It's the other yahoo's that I don't trust.

So if you read this today, would you mind saying a quick prayer for him? He's already said, "The prayers are working...keep 'em coming!"

He and I would greatly appreciate it. I'll update when he safely gets in to DFW.

***UPDATE***
Thanks for the prayers (from both of us!)
He made it safely and all flights are still scheduled as normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...