Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Monday

I think it's still Monday?? The days start early around here and I'm still on Central time so I'm looking at the clock, but my body is saying, "Get to bed!!".

We are in day 3 of training and it's going really well so far. We have a TON of information to cover, but that's why we're here 2 weeks! They are truly equipping us for this job.

Some training highlights because I know some of you want to know "what's really going on" around here:

-There are 22 people here plus, I think, 17 kids from these families from all over the U.S. ranging in various ages, denominational backgrounds and future careers with Wycliffe. We have met several that are also headed to PNG!! I hope we can get to know them and stay in touch as we go through this process.

-We have a worship time at the beginning of each day and have been reminded daily just how awesome our God is. I've also been in awe how He has brought us all together, at this particular moment and time, for this purpose. I have been truly humbled and feel so unworthy to be doing this. What an honor and privilege.

-The kids are doing well. D started his class today. He misses Mrs. Ali and his friends, but I think he had fun. He is also learning some things about cross-cultural living. I'm sure stories of what he's learned will surface as the days and weeks go on :) The girls are doing well. Mo has made a cute little friend (Anna) and Mal is just keeping the workers on their toes. Thankfully, she naps and they feed her a snack, so what more could she want?!

-Tomorrow we attempt to take a family picture for our official brochure/prayer card. Enough said.

-Coming soon...an official little blurb on the Wycliffe site. More on that as we get it developed!

And now for some pictures...and little tidbits about things here. (If Gene (our fearless Sunday School teacher) is reading he should stop now because I know he doesn't appreciate my "extras" like some of you do :))

-There has been mention of a gator on the property. I'm not sure if this is really true, but I'm gullible enough to be on the lookout because a picture of him would make a great blog post. I just don't want him to get too close...

-I had to make a Wal-Mart run for diapers and this. It's not commonly found in soda fountains on this coast. So unfortunate.


On my way to Wal-Mart I saw a Volvo with a palm tree hanging out the back window in front of me. Only in Florida. Sorry I don't have a pic...it would have been funny!

-Several of the boys (including D) brought scooters and they ride all over the facilities. Here they're parked for the day. I'm not sure if they intentionally divided red and blue on opposite sides of the sidewalk, but the blue riders seem to be a little more responsible.




On the way down I had a lot of time on my hands to mess with the photoshop on my phone. Had to share this cute pic of sweet Mal hanging out in one of the hotels.

She's growing up way too fast...


Thank you to all of you who read this, pray for us and have helped us get here financially. We are truly grateful to you and thank you for letting God use you. Every aspect is so vital and we can't do it without you.

Know that you are here with us as we go on this journey. Our prayer is that we can show you how God wants to use all of us for His purpose in reaching the Bibleless people around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...