Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lessons from the Van

In the last 48 hours I've learned...

-I can tolerate a copious amount of noise...a crying toddler, siblings fighting and a favorite song playing on the radio, all at the same time while driving 70 on the highway.

-If you're the driver, you make the call on when to stop for a bathroom break. 

-My kids could live on snack food.

-There's nothing like staying in a hotel room that makes my kids say, "This is the best trip ever!"

-There's nothing like staying in a hotel room with 5 people that makes me appreciate my bedroom...that has a lock on the door.

-I can drive a long time with the gas light on. My van gets really good gas mileage on the highway. (We made to Ocala today  :))

-My husband has the amazing talent for reading books in the car...and for blocking out aforementioned noise.

-I think Florida boycotted Dr. Pepper for Mr. Pibb. It's not the same people. Don't try to convince me otherwise.

-I seriously wouldn't trade this time with this crazy bunch for anything.

1 comment:

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...