Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Highlight Reel

Already Wednesday!? A brief re-cap of our fourth...



*After a day of shopping on Saturday and fireworks on the square here in town, I wasn't feeling well. I thought maybe just a combo of the heat and being tired, but oh no. About 5 a.m. Sunday morning I found out I was the lucky recipient of a good dose of food poisoning. Thankfully, the pilot was home and wrangled the three amigos so I could hibernate in my bathroom until I stepped out into the living room at about 4:15 that afternoon. After ten minutes of that commotion, I went into hibernation again. So thankful hubs was home!

*Monday, the 4th, Jason and I were supposed to celebrate our anniversary early by going to the Rangers game...and the all-you-can-eat seats and fireworks. Not really appealing after how my day went Sunday, but the tickets had been bought weeks ago and he was going...with or without me. Thankfully, this wasn't one of those fancy schmancy dates so t-shirt, shorts and pony tail were totally appropriate and I pulled it together enough to go. The heat (it was 104 on Monday) was a bit much and I only thought I was going to pass out once. I did not indulge in the all-you-can-eat aspect of the game but I got my money's worth in water, so I feel like I got something out of it. The fireworks were AWESOME afterwards. We moved seats only to be told we should really go out to the concourse to see them better. We went and ended up being yards away from where they were being set off! Seriously, it was raining cardboard and paper! A great show for sure and made me think about how much I'll miss fireworks once we're in PNG.


*And then to top off our holiday weekend, a man showed up at our house Tuesday morning wanting to look at the house. Well, that's fine and all...if you had called first! But, my husband who is living in this "Carpe Diem" mode, welcomed him in oblivious to the fact that the clean unfolded laundry was still on the couch, the kids rooms looked like, well, kids rooms. This oversight apparently doesn't bother men as much as it bothers women?! I just like to have it in "show mode" and it was a far cry from how I like to show it. Thankfully, most of the time was spent outside talking "structural integrity" and not so much "interior design".

So today it's back to "real life". The pilot is being a pilot and I'm upright a little more than I was yesterday and trying to take on my husband's "seize the day" mentality. Not sure what that will entail, but I'm guessing there are Icees in my kids future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...