Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Rain!



I  believe rainy season is upon us! Now I don’t know this as an actual meteorological fact and I don't have a weather station to confirm my prediction, so I'll just go on what I’ve seen the last week or so, which is rain...lots of it at very predictable times! 

I was told (and finding this to be true) that rainy season is easier in some ways than the dry season. You can almost guarantee clearing skies in the morning, giving way to sunshine and clear blue...perfect for hanging laundry first thing (before you have your first cup of coffee). Then around noon you’ll see the clouds move in (you then run out to your line and retrieve your dry laundry!!), you’ll feel the temperature drop and sometime in the late afternoon, the rain comes. Today was no exception.

I know I haven't been at this gig very long, but I like the predictability of the rainy season. 

My clothes like hanging outside instead of inside where they can take two days to dry. 

 
We can turn our water for the house over from river water to rain water. During the dry season we used the tank very sparingly and used primarily river water. In the last week we’ve made the switch to all tank and I’m finding I’m a big fan of this. I find I like washing my hair in rain water versus river water. I feel like our whites are a little whiter. The grass, the surrounding gardens...all growing and the most gorgeous shade of my favorite color of green.
 
I like the rain.


Rain...filling up our tank!

So let’s just skip the part about all the mud from the unpaved gravel roads, rain gear for 5 people, wet dog smell and...did I mention the mud?

For now, rainy season is a very, very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...