Friday, October 25, 2013

Anticipating the Unexpected

I know I spend a fair amount of time retelling tales of rat captures, laundry woes and cooking disasters (and triumphs!) but it is never lost on me why we’re really here.

While in the midst of holding down life on the home front, my pilot hubby is taking to the skies. He’s quietly, methodically, plugging away learning the ropes of a new aircraft, a new country and settling in to life as a mission pilot. I'm thankful he takes his job seriously and I'm proud of the work he's done to get this far.

This week has been full of aviation lingo, complete with a check ride, a line check and base check all steps bringing him closer to soloing in country. Thankfully, with God’s help, he has passed each step thus far. So yesterday when we got the call that he would be flying with the in country official today, a big step closer to the goal, we were surprised that this was happening this week having just completed some major hurdles just days ago. We figured we would be waiting for weeks just to schedule this critical flight.

With the breaking news, Jason hurried off to the airport for last minute paperwork and I was left alone in our quiet house. Just me and God. Needing to calm my now anxious heart the question that came to mind first made me stop and think.

Was God surprised by this timing and recent turn of events? Absolutely not. He had been orchestrating this flight for this day, for this specific week.

Why now? It’s not for me to answer. I can only cling to the promises of my Savior remembering that His timing and ways are perfect...no matter the outcome.

So this morning as prayers are being lifted on his behalf and already being answered in the way of blue skies and sunshine, we take comfort in knowing He is always in our unexpected.

“Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.” Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...