Monday, October 14, 2013

The Rat Trap {Part 2}

Because you’ve asked...

In a disturbing turn of events, our resident rat lived a few days longer than I had hoped.

Late Sunday night (finally!) the trap went off, but there was a problem. A big problem. The rat was still moving, still running around...making so much racket that even our dog couldn’t sleep!

Jason debated on what to do. He was getting ready to leave for three days, so the option of leaving a dead rat to stink up the attic didn’t sit well with him (or me!) So my 6 feet 2 inch husband, otherwise known as my hero, shimmied his way up into the small attic, shovel in tow, to scope out the situation.

Turns out the trap didn’t fully function as advertised and hubs had to take charge of the situation to put the rat out of his misery.

And then he gave me the bag, with the now perished rat inside, to dispose of so he could exit the attic somewhat gracefully. My exit to the trash can was not as graceful I can assure you.

For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, in rat killing and disposal...

Official Tally:
Rat-1, Brew Crew-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...