Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I’m thankful for RAIN!!! Yesterday we had a couple of showers and then last night  a nice steady rain fell for most of the night. Thank you for praying!! What a great relief. I’m wondering if this is a hint of the changes of seasons here??

I’m also thankful for the recent women’s retreat I attended over the weekend...full of learning, teaching, growth, singing, new friendships, laughter and lack of sleep.

Jason says, “So what did you do in your down time there?”

Me: “Ummm....talk.”

Him: “Really? That’s it?”


Me: “No. We drank coffee and ate chocolate the speakers brought from Australia.”

Him: “Oh. I see.”

He will never understand that women can talk for hours on end about a variety of topics, especially when fueled by coffee and chocolate. Throw in ladies from other cultures and countries and you’ve just multiplied the amount of hours spent on solving world problems both foreign and domestic.

We got crafty too! Jodi and I with our completed smashbooks!

I’m also thankful for the slow days of the term break. No schedule, no rush to get out the door with lunches, backpacks and homework. Now if they would only sleep past 6:30 we’d be in business.

Your turn. I’d love to hear what you’re thankful for this Thursday! And when you’re done leaving a comment, go have a read at my friend The Journaling Gina. She’s spending the month of October blogging on 31 days of Beautiful Things. Go take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...