Sunday, June 15, 2014

Encouraged


The last few weeks have been chaotic. It is the busiest time of year with end of the school year, graduation, people going and people coming. Add transitioning into a new position plus an unexpected urgent matter thrown onto my plate and the learning curve was more like a bend about to break.

There were days I felt like an unsteady juggler, on a unicycle, with all the balls thrown in the air waiting for them to come crashing down and for me to fall off the seat to the ground.

In the midst of my personal chaos, I was encouraged.

*Emails and texts of those praying for us (for me!) came at the perfect time.

*God’s word gave me a fresh outlook through my daily devotional.

*Friends had an uplifting word not knowing I needed to hear it at just the right time.

*Others offered to watch my kids as Jason was working and couldn’t be at home.

*Still others offered a hand in what I was doing to get it done faster and to carry part of the load.

I’m so grateful for the encouragement I received at just the right time. After last week I’m left feeling challenged. Am I being encouraging, uplifting and positive to those I come in contact with on a daily basis or draining, negative and exhausting to be around?

“Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interest of others.”
Phil. 2: 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...