Monday, March 2, 2015

February


Shortly after we got back from our Christmas trip and rejoined life as we know it, we got word that Jason’s grandfather, Gran, was not doing well. We sensed this during our visit with him in early January and knew in our hearts this would be our last visit with him on this side of Heaven. On February 4th, Gran turned 85 and on February 11th, he was ushered into the presence of our Lord and Savior.


What a priceless gift to have hugged him one more time while we were in Texas over Christmas.

Being here has been one of the hardest parts of mourning and grieving. Jason was close to his grandfather and not being able to say good-bye with his family has been the most difficult part of this journey so far. In this though, he has had “the peace that passes all understanding” and for that, I am grateful. We’ve received so much encouragement from friends and family all over the world. Those prayers have carried us, especially Jason, during this time.

In the same week as Gran’s passing, a decision was made that has weighed heavily on me over the past few months. At the end of the month, I stepped down from the job I’ve had for the last 8 months. A job that has consumed much of my time, energy and attention for many months.

The decision to leave was just as hard as accepting it initially. I try to put my all in any job I take on. I though I could just keep going at the same pace, same drive and keep my family going all while staying in tact...myself included.

Wrong.

Through a series of circumstances, the Lord made it clear that He wanted me to step down once I completed my committment through February. With this departure comes a fair share of questions mainly, “Well, what in the world were those last 8 months all about?!” I know in time those answers may come....and they may not.

So March is here. I'm trying to take a deep breath and welcome this new season and whatever the Lord has in store. This is most definitely TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...