Saturday, July 25, 2015

Say CHEESE!


When it comes to keeping my act together as a mother, I'm not exactly winning any awards. I don't scrapbook. These kids baby books are highly incomplete. I'm not even sure Mal's has anything written inside. But long ago, I made up my mind that if I did ONE THING, I would take a picture the first day of every school year.

As the years have gone on, I have gotten more resistance. Only from one particular male child and this year was no different. In fact, I suspect that things will just get worse in the coming years. Secretly, I'm hoping that his first day of college he'll text me a picture of himself saying "hey mom-it's the first day of school!"

In honor of the first week of school, a little flashback of first days...
See? He's been rebelling against the pictures since the first day!

First day for Mo...that face! Those curls!
Just 3 short years ago. SO much was happening that year. We were months away from moving to the other side of the world!
One of my favorites of this picture rebelling kid!

And just like that...we have a 6th grader, 3rd grader and a kindergartner. 


Hopefully one day they'll forgive me for the incomplete baby books, but love looking back on these pictures...even the ones with the forced smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...