Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Peaceful Pieces

The other day a friend asked me how I was doing and how things were going in our preparation to leave. I said, "Well, I've got a peace about the whole thing, but my "getting ready" is in a million pieces."

I'm scattered all over the house with laundry, bags, one ice chest (we decided on the blue one...bigger...holds more food! :)) snacks, toys, DVD's...on and on... I would normally become quite frantic at this point in the midst of getting ready for a trip, but right now, I'm okay.

The other night as I was washing dishes, thinking about the million things I needed to do instead of standing at the sink and the Lord reminded me: "Don't worry about tomorrow...it's got enough going on already. Do what you have to get done today and let ME take care of tomorrow."

More often than not I get so wrapped up in the midst of what I have to do that I forget that worrying will do nothing except stress me out (and everyone around me!!) So I keep giving the entire sitation back over to the Lord and let Him take care of it. I figure as long as J's flight bag has everything it needs, I can find the other stuff that I might forget along the way...preferably at a Target! :)

As far as what happens after we've been there 2 weeks? The Lord's already got the outcome. We're just driving 1,000 miles to find out what He already knows. And yeah, there's great peace in that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...