Sunday, October 24, 2010

Here. There. Where?

Lately I feel like we're a part of the great Dr. Seuss book, "Oh The Places You'll Go" . And although the book is usually given to graduates of all ages, I find that lately, it's applicable to us.

See, in this journey we're on, we've got decisions to make. To go here or there but we don't want to go just anywhere. We want to go where the Lord leads.

That's the next step in our process. We need to make some decisions and soon.

Where we go will determine what plays out over the next several months.

Where we go will determine how much support we need.

Where we go will determine what language we'll learn, what type of school our kids will attend.

Am I worried? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little "concerned". And I don't know if it's "concern" but more of an anxious anticipation. I want to know!! I'm ready to start researching, learning about the culture, the people. Preparing myself and my family. I want to start praying for the people of the city will live in.

So I slow down in all my hurried thoughts and remember that the Lord already has the answer and for that, I'm thankful. There is a peace in knowing that He's got this. He's had this from the very beginning. Now we just trust that He will give us a clear direction so we can move forward.

In the meantime, we're the character in the book...you'll find us here...

The Waiting Place…for people just waiting.

Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No or waiting for their hair to grow. Everyone is just waiting.

Oh the places we might go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

The Unfinished Conversation

It's that time of year where, in the last month, my time has been divided between being mom, working and helping friends leave for their...